Sunday, March 04, 2007

One of those days... :-(

I don't normally blog to whine about days that go wrong. But yesterday was one of those days; one of those rare days when nothing really goes right.

I only have about ten minutes for this post. If everything goes wrong, perhaps there is some therapy in blogging about it.

* * * * *

I chose to stand in when no one else would.

Missed the conference, missed the friends.

Why am I a filler?

And then the broken sandal.

All that walking; for something. Or nothing.

They took a group photo. We weren't there.

We could have been.

The white pants. What for?

Just to get soaked carrying another's burden.

The heavy rain, the heavy pain.

Washed away. Sluiced away.

The torrents; the mighty torrents.

Two twenties. One fifty.

Seventy forgotten.

Seven. Perfection?

Far from.

Teeming with life forgotten.

No chance to meet.

Has been so long.

So long away and zoning out.

Sweet dinner resting on the teeth.

Coated in saccharine smiles throughout the night.

We hurt each other and we do it again.

Was it worth it?

Worth everything we lost?

Worth having to stop now because of a busy day I don't want?

* * * * *

There is a silence that comes to a house
Where no one can sleep
I guess it's the price of love
I know it's not cheap


~ U2, 'Ultraviolet'

No comments: