Friday, October 01, 2010

Merdeka Eve, 2010

A very-much backdated entry.

I spent Merdeka Eve this year doing what is becoming a sort-of discipline for me during the Merdeka season: walking around the streets of Kuala Lumpur. It started with Merdeka Day last year, when George, Hannah, Hyma, Ruth and I walked around town, exploring everything from a part of the Pudu Jail exterior, to the Old Railway Station.

This time around, I started in Pudu, having collected the (still problematic) FM10 from YL, and ended at Dataran Merdeka.

The FM10's meter was faulty, but the service centre would be closed on Merdeka Day. I wanted to take some photos either on the Eve or the Day itself, and so I chanced it (as I once did at Tanjung Tuan on a field trip) and used the camera without a meter, guessing at exposure.

To make things slightly more complicated, I intended to cross-process my roll of Fujichrome Velvia (i.e. develop it in print, instead of slide, film chemicals), and this required that I underexpose each shot by about one stop.

Anyway, what follows is a summary of the adventure. ;-)


* * *



Bus stop, Jalan Pudu.


Jalan Sarawak, between Jalan Pudu and the Pudu LRT station.


On the platform, Pudu LRT station.


Roadside stall, intersection of Jalan Sultan and Jalan Hang Jebat.


Buses, Pasar Seni LRT station.


Queue, Pasar Seni LRT station.


The biggest Jalur Gemilang in town this year belongs to the Agro Bank, Leboh Pasar Besar.


Buka puasa at Dataran Merdeka.

No comments: