Saturday, March 11, 2006

Parting ways


farewell sam, originally uploaded by mincaye.


L-R: Tien, me, Yen, Soo Tian, Mich and Sam


Travelled to Putrajaya to spend a day with Sam before he leaves for India tomorrow. Tee Ming met us in KL Sentral to pass us cookies she baked for him.

After a rather eventful day taking photos in his house and having lunch at a restaurant in Alamanda Putrajaya serving Penang fare, we parted ways at about four o'clock.

Soo Tian headed for KLIA, and should be either on the way back to, or already in, Alor Star. Tien, Yen, Mich and I made our way to Mid Valley, where we got lost in MPH and were joined by Shern Ren, Tee Keat, Yen Mii and Jon Mah.

The day ended with dinner at the Chopstik Noodle House.


Tien read Romans 12 after lunch, with particular emphasis on the second verse;

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—-his good, pleasing and perfect will.

It reminded me of today's Lent meditation, on Matthew 5:43-48;

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


I'm so far from this, so far from being transformed out of the pattern of this world.

(God I need you tonight).

3 comments:

silentsoliloquy said...

*grasps hand* So am I, Ben. So am I.. *shakes head*

P.S. I knew I'll look funny in the pic.. not really sure what I was doing with my arms. :P

silentsoliloquy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think I see a pattern...

Yellow, white and white, black and black, orange...

Urh...I'm not sure if i exchanged places of the yellow and orange...but yeah, that's the pattern I thought I saw =)