Thursday, September 07, 2006

Reaching out...


Oh my gosh...

Nearly 3.00 p.m.

United States. Locked.

* * * * *

from "The House by the Side of the Road"
By Sam Walter Foss

There are hermit souls that live withdrawn
In the peace of their self-content;
There are souls, like stars, that dwell apart,
In a fellowless firmament;
There are pioneer souls that blaze their paths
Where highways never ran;--
But let me live by the side of the road
And be a friend to man.

Let me live in a house by the side of the road,
Where the race of men go by--
They are good, they are bad, they are weak, they are strong,
Wise, foolish--so am I.
Then why should I sit in the scorner's seat
Or hurl the cynic's ban?--
Let me live in my house by the side of the road
And be a friend to man.



(Poetry Speaks calendar, 6 September)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lockedlockedlocked....*pengsan*