Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mostly about the Negaraku

Yean Khinn bought the Star at Pekanbuku. That's how I knew about the whole Negaraku fiasco. I'm in the college's Computer Room and earlier read with interest this article.

Reminds me of another instance of sampling: the La Marseillaise in Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

Like it or not, this incident will have more people listening to the Negaraku on a casual basis than ever before. And sometimes, it's not such a bad way to get people thinking about what this country really means to them.

Take Jesus Christ. They mocked him, interrogated him, stripped him and crucified him. But he lives; the Saviour will not stay in the tomb.

I really believe Negaraku (our country) has what it takes to survive the fires it will face. And I have another reflection on our national anthem... perhaps I will put it up one of these weeks.

No comments: