Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tanah Rata


I create my own luck; I could not wait
For God to speak to me
So I started talking to Him, instead.

Do not be anxious over what you will eat or what you will drink
(There is coffee in a cup.)
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Order is asleep, and chaos
Is on the scaffolding;
The words of the song echo,
"Love is blindness, and cold steel
Fingers too numb to feel."


Come and have breakfast, he says;
Throw your nets over the other side.
Take it not too literally;
Though you may not be ready, imagine the Word of God alive--
Imagine what it could be.


O, ridiculous Christians—-
You who stand upon your heads
Tossing balloons and passing bread
With body parts;
But people are watching
And some of them with open hearts.


If I had more faith
I might be undefeated;
My pen and pencil, my sword and weapon--
Teach me to make my writing count.
Give us this day our daily bread,
Walk with us where we may tread
That we may go on trying.


We were saved while strangers,
But God was no stranger to man;
And so the Almighty born in a manger
Was all part of the plan,
That while we were not ready (and while we still may not be)
Before we dreamt of talking
God was speaking to you and me.



* * *


Fujichrome Astia and Kodak Tri-X.

PKV T.H.E. Camp, 30 Oct - 2 Nov 2010, Highlands Christian Centre, Cameron Highlands.

No comments: