Monday, December 27, 2004

Food in Singapore

We went for dinner last night at this place called Chomp Chomp in Serangoon, a hawker-food court kind of place.

I saw this signboard there that read: "Please lower your voices to reduce noise after midnight." Immediately I realised Malaysia has no such thing. I mean, isn't it after midnight that our voices are raised, especially in Mamakland?

And it also dawned on me during dinner, that so far, I cannot recall ever seeing nasi lemak on a Singaporean menu (except maybe in hotels). No bandung too... let alone bandung panas, which I had recently tried and enjoyed very much.

If I remember correctly, I once asked Audrey about the quality of mamak in Singapore, and she replied, "What mamak?"

Will be returning to the motherland on Tuesday.

No comments: