Thursday, June 29, 2006

Some fine days...

From the Poetry Speaks Calendar, 27 June:

The First Day
By Christina Rossetti

I wish I could remember the first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me,
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or Winter for aught I can say.
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May.
If only I could recollect it, such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow;
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much;
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand--Did one but know!



The choir emerged among the top five schools in the State Prelims today, which means they're moving on to the Finals in about one or two weeks' time. Congrats Li-Shia and company; you were all really inspirational today! Unfortunately, the walls did not crumble, nor did the ceiling cave in. Let's hope you can make amends at the Finals, heheheheh...

Also, I found out via an SMS from Eu Jin that I did well in an essay competition I took part in a few months ago. Read the story here. It's just a little ironic that I wasn't very happy with this essay, and it won. Yet my better (in my opinion) essays this year got nowhere. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. ;-)

1 comment:

siedne said...

CONGRATS!!! :D :D