Sunday, September 06, 2009

A few conversations

The last 30 hours have been filled with some very thought-provoking conversations.


Valerie said, "I like painting within the lines that I can't draw."

Immediately images of colour spreading beyond the boundaries of lines came to my mind. And after chatting a little with her just now, I realised that what she said really resonated with me because lines are a physical boundary, a two-dimensional form of artistic expression which often transcends dimension.

It brings to mind the Incarnation of God, in which God Almighty expressed Himself in the body of a man.


How do you change those who lead double lives? Brian McLaren said it right when he said some of us are 'amphibious' Christians.

But it's just as well you don't write that essay if you don't feel ready. The way will be shown and the sentences and ideas will come in due time.

You will make a good researcher!


Yen gave me a children's Ecology book. True enough, the content probably won't get me very far in my exams, but I'm sure there's lots to learn in there. The book reminds me of the stuff I used to read when I was much younger.


This morning's Scripture reading was taken from Luke 9:23,

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

It was the verse that welcomed me into PKV; until today whenever I read it, I am reminded of the high calling we all receive, and how often we fall short!

But this morning another thought suggested itself: what if I don't want this life?


Di mana kaki (bumi lah! - thanks Alicia) dipijak, di situ langit dijunjung.

On the way home, I realised it was never recorded that Zacchaeus stopped becoming a tax collector. Jesus rarely asks us to leave our present jobs; He only asks that revolutionise the way we do things wherever we are!


This song is kinda stuck in my head...

I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around,
But she takes it all for me.
And I lost my faith, in my darkest days,
But she makes me want to believe.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.
She is love, and she is all I need.
She's all I need.

Well I had my ways, they were all in vain,
And she waited patiently.
It was all the same, all my pride and shame,
And she put me on my feet.

They call her love, love, love, love, love.
She is love, and she is all I need.

1 comment:

Adrian Benjamin Lim said...

I still remember u mentioned something bout not being the ben u used to be...hmmmm
wonder if u said it for fun

indeed u shouldn't be the ben u used to be coz many things have happened, u had new experiences, failures, disappointments...u've grown up even more ben...but perhaps not the way u tot u would..God knows la har...