Wednesday, August 25, 2010

24mm

For Christine.


Wailing walls of the whiny kind
The internet
Will not let us forget
The things we thought we left behind.

Remember, remember the first of December
The flashfire, reason and shot;
I see no reason why
The blackwater season should ever be forgot.

And after this, our exile.
At the end of Episode IV, while
You are not a jedi yet.

Uncle Ben, I can't go; or is that my uncle talking?

She sells seashells by the seashore
(Or saltwater breeze in the online store)
The smell of an ocean where I've been before.

Flicker. Walk into the sun
Because what is the sun if not a flicker
In time and place, a corner of the universe
Here in our space.

The seventh of May;
Were those the thoughts you still think today?

Write me a letter; I'll read it when I'm home
From chasing snails, and with the wind in our sails
Let us go.

No comments: