Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Jedi


PICT3912
Originally uploaded by mincaye.

Playing a game of Scrabble with Kuhan (the second best Scrabbler of the Victoria Institution) during the Inter-School National Scrabble Tournament last weekend at Berjaya Times Square.

We'd watched Star Wars, and decided to match wits with each other behind the main arena where countless minds were cracking themselves many times over, staring at little green boards and beige tiles.

Anyway, I will be leaving for Kluang in a few hours' time, joining the d'NAers there, who already have a 24-hour head-start ahead of me (I stayed back to attend a session of the Basic Life Principles Seminar currently going on at the First Baptist Church, PJ).

In the photo, you will notice that size-wise, Ben vs. Kuhan is like Ben (Kenobi) vs. Yoda. Indeed I consider Kuhan my greatest mentor in the game, most probably because of the many hours we'd spent playing together last year.

And within 12 hours, I will be reunited with another 12 great people who represent a community I am honoured and humbled to be a part of. Collectively, they are the greatest mentors I have come to know.

All jedi knights have masters. Wise would they be to always be mindful of that.

No comments: