Sunday, June 26, 2005

Naked


Lake
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
I had a rather peculiar experience last night.

Somehow a lot of me was stripped in conversation with a friend, and I was left to stand, naked in personality, in a void, a silence between the two of us.

But it was also a feeling of relief and freedom; getting there was very difficult, but once a person gets past the point of no return, the only way is forward.

This friend asked a probing question, and as I had pledged honesty, many secrets came out.

I am reminded of the classic dcTalk song 'In the Light,' from which I now quote the bridge and chorus:

Honesty becomes me
(There's nothing left to lose)
The secrets that did run me
(In Your Presence are defused)
Pride has no position
(And riches have no worth)
The fame that once did cover me
(Has been sentenced to this earth)
Has been sentenced to this earth

I wanna be in the Light
As You are in the Light
I wanna shine like the stars in the Heavens
Oh, Lord be my Light and be my Salvation
'Cause all I want is to be in the Light
All I want is to be in the Light


Honesty has indeed become me, and now two friends know. Only two; it used to be one. How the journey glimmers with hope afresh when you do not travel alone.

Thank you, my friend. You know who you are.

1 comment:

silentsoliloquy said...

Freedom in a household = Walking around naked around the house whether or not people are around.