Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Great Day for Photography

Today was an excellent day for photography, and a new personal record for me. I took over 300 shots in about six hours (between 7.00 a.m. and 1.30 p.m.), which averages some 50+ shots an hour!

There were so many pictures at the end of the day, so much so that for the first time since I started digital photography in late 2004, I had to sort out the photos from a single session into several folders. Seven, to be precise: Consumer Club, Continuous Shutter, MNS Talk, Photo Shoot, Piano Tuner, 'Portraits' etc, and Science & Maths Exhibition.


Here's Valerie riding the 'hovercraft'. It really hovers!


Wai Loon 'taking a photo' of Valerie, Tsu Wern and Li Ling with a cardboard model camera:


Some of the students of Lower Six Biology-Physics (L6BF) who were involved with the exhibition/fair. What an enthusiastic bunch they were, posing for photographs almost non-stop! And to think these are the people who will sit in my class next year; the school is in good hands, muahahahahaha...


At about 11.30, Valerie, Tsu Wern and I made our way to the Lecture Theatre for some talk by a representative of the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS). It all started late, and eventually Tsu Wern and Kian Ti left. But while the theatre was still empty, I got this shot of Kian Ti at the door. He looks like some alien that just landed on earth or something!


Finally, what I consider to be one of the best shots of the day. Nothing artsy about it, just that this angle would never make it into the Victorian (the school magazine), for obvious reasons. So I decided to go wild with the 18mm wide-angle (I was within four metres of the subject, so that's how wide the wide-angle is!) and used the flash to bring out the committee and teachers of the VI Science & Mathematics Society.



All in all, I think the day was enjoyable simply because I've not had this kind of opportunity in a long time... probably since the Leadership Camp earlier this year. And the FRIM trip lacked subject variety. Then again, I didn't have the SLR then; a new age has indeed dawned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For latest informаtion you haѵe to pay a quіck
ѵisit web and on the web Ι found this web site as a best ωeb pаge for newest upԁates.


Mу webpаgе chatroulet