Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jesus Hymn

Saw this on SooT's blog, posted Wednesday, November 26, 2008.

* * * * *

Tune: Noel Nouvelet (Now the green blade riseth)


Jesus Christ is waiting, waiting in the street.
No one is his neighbor, all alone he eats.
Listen, Lord Jesus, I am lonely too.
Make me friend or stranger, fit to wait with you.

Jesus Christ is raging, raging in the streets.
Where injustice spirals, and where hope retreats.
Listen, Lord Jesus, I am angry too.
In the kingdom’s causes, let me rage with you.

Jesus Christ is healing, healing in the streets.
Curing those who suffer, touching those he meets.
Listen, Lord Jesus, I have pity too.
Let my care be active, fit to heal with you.

Jesus Christ is dancing, dancing in the streets.
Where each sign of hatred, his strong love defeats.
Listen, Lord Jesus, I should triumph too.
On suspicion’s graveyard, let me dance with you.

Jesus Christ is calling, calling the street.
“Who will join my journey?" I will guide your feet.
Listen, Lord Jesus, let my fears be few.
Walk one step before me, I will follow you.


© Wild Goose/The Iona Community

No comments: