Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nights of Fire


montage raveena's, originally uploaded by mincaye.


After leaving Toch's, having spent nearly three hourse there, I reached Raveena's at about 4 o'clock.

This was a comparatively small-scale event, but far noisier! I had my first go at fireworks (yes, in my entire life), and it was a really fun time of meaningful conversation and lessons learnt at the dining table.

For one: never pop ghee cookies whole into your mouths. (Fiona, if you read this, don't get stomach cramps!)

It is my pleasure to introduce our lead pyrotechnician, Kavin (Raveena's 12-year-old brother) in the picture above (and the silhouette below).

And in the central picture, from left to right, are Sharveena (Raveena's 16-year-old sister), Fiona, Raveena and yours truly.

(The background photo came from a Yahoo! picture search).

Playing with fireworks reminded me of the words written on the back of my General Chemistry textbook, on whose front cover is a picture of fireworks:

"The pyrotechnician combines his knowledge of chemistry with his love for art, to paint the sky with colour."

1 comment:

siedne said...

Awww, wish I could've been there!!! Looked like so much fun..sigh...