Sunday, January 15, 2006

Coming and Going

This morning, Rev Donald Anamalai (formerly of the Full Gospel Church, Alor Star) addressed the congregation at Glad Tidings PJ. His sermon text was taken from 2 Kings 6.

One theme in particular stuck with me: Jesus says come, and he also says go.

Lately, the greatest challenges and struggles I've been facing seem to revolve around these two words. And the Scripture passages from which they are drawn simply aren't letting me go:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30, The Message)

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:21-23, New International Version)

No comments: