Sunday, January 29, 2006

Return of the Chair-Stacker


vilads, originally uploaded by mincaye.


Yesterday's VILADS (VI Literary and Debating Society) practice session was fun. I called Sui-Jon at 9:15 a.m., and within an hour he was at school. He's back from Kolej Tuanku Jaafar, Seremban, for the Chinese New Year.

Generally, the morning was spent working on Gustave's Solo Acting piece and the debate topic for the Forensics, and rehearsing the sketch for an upcoming anti-bully campaign event in school. The short skit is an excerpt from E.N. Dorall's A Tiger is Loose in Our Community.

This time around, the debate topic is, "Developed nations have an ethical responsibility to eradicate poverty in developing nations." I still prefer the former topic (dropped because of many objections), "Feminist ideals are detrimental to the attainment of gender equality."

I'd called Sui-Jon because he wanted to say hi to Miss Shanti, and also because I had an 'art commission' for him.

Group picture, L-R: Moi Kok Lum, Sui-Jon, Miss Shanti, Jon Siao, Gustave, Moi Kok Ming, and Li-Shia and me.

Top row, L-R: Sui-Jon and his 'chair on three legs'; Sui-Jon and me skiing with Wilson looking on; Li-Shia and Jon, with Sui-Jon is a very strategic position.

Bottom row, L-R: Jon's laces tied to mine by Li-Shia; me and Li-Shia, with a cameo Sui-Jon again; the Big Gulp and the small boy.

Dad brought me and Kevin to Minerva that afternoon, where I attempted to find some books for English Literature, to no avail. Even the Pustaka Mukmin opposite did not stock any.

No comments: