Thursday, January 19, 2006

Red


lanterns, originally uploaded by mincaye.


Shot this while waiting for my father at Times Square this evening.

Have been seeing red lately, and the condition has been aggravated by some things that happened during the Board of Chairmen's meeting this afternoon.

The Editorial Board is truly my greatest challenge this year. It's the 80th edition of the school magazine (the Oak Anniversary).

But it is a challenge mainly because I consider the board a ministry; there is so much potential, so much that my members (and myself) can be.

Yet there is resistance from the teachers and school administration. They tug in opposite directions: the teachers have creative ideas and visions, while the admin prefers a baptism of indifference.

The hardest place to stand is in the middle, yet that is where I am now. To be idealistic and realistic at the same time is virtually impossible.

But don't say that to the One by whose hand the sky is strewn with stars and dead men are brought to life. Indeed, we will only make it through this year by God's grace alone.

He has never brought me into something he never saw me through, and I believe every member of the board is here for a purpose. God's not done, and "he who has begun a good work in [us] will complete it to the day of Jesus Christ."

No comments: