Sunday, January 01, 2006

To end a year...


family, originally uploaded by mincaye.


It happens that my grandfather was born on 31 December. So we ended the year with a birthday dinner at the Cable Car restaurant in Cold Storage, Section 14 PJ. He turned 78 last year (yes, last year).


Two comments on the photos:

1. The photo of my food was taken with extended exposure... finally, I discovered the secret of taking flashless photos in relatively dark places.

2. The masked-ball photo at the bottom is something I could very well imagine whacked-out teenagers doing! Party stuff courtesy of the restaurant.


I daresay 2005 ended well. An amazing trip to Alor Star, graduating from d'NA, celebrating Christmas on both ends of the ecclesiastical spectrum, and the dinners on the last two nights of the year... ending the year with friends and family.

But there is one friend with whom I wish I could've spent more time last month. As of now, we are in lands so far removed that we can only see each other, to borrow a John Williams phrase, 'across the stars.'

No comments: