Saturday, January 07, 2006

Holiday plans

Over the next three days of Hari Raya Qurban holidays, I intend to read:

1. Chemical Kinetics
2. Jean Rhys' Wide Sargasso Sea (For STPM English Lit)
3. Eliot's The Waste Land


A thought came to me during yesterday's Christian Union meeting, the first of 2006:

When I was younger, I always used to wonder what first-time visitors to the CU would think of us. And so I was worried if anything we did might give them cause for labelling us 'weird' or 'pointless' or anything along those lines.

But now I realise that that was wrong. If we cared so much about being polished, we would cease to be that organic community sustained by grace and forgiveness. And until now, it is this very element that is, to me, the great wonder and mystery of God's fellowship of believers in the V.I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish reading was always part of my holiday plans. :( Am gonna take a break from socializing and hopefully, I'd be able to brush up on my reading. And guitar, and piano, or whatsoever. No, am not trying to be like others or what. Am still the same old Joan. Just that I know I wouldn't be satisfied if I don't do something on my intellectuality. :/