Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gifts


Pewter
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
Tee Ming bought this, and gave it to me the day before yesterday.

I think it arose out of our conversation when she visited me at camp, that I needed/wanted a letter opener (or maybe, that I like letter openers in general).

She had no idea that pewter is my favourite metal.

So it is with gifts, that sometimes the giver doesn't realise just how much some gifts mean to the recipient.

There is so much joy in giving, whether material or immaterial. And maybe that's why God is a giver -- simply because he is joy.

1 comment:

silentsoliloquy said...

Through a series of fortunate (or I would prefer, providential) events, I read the book 'The 5 Love Languages'. Receiving gifts probably is at the bottom of my list, and yet, it is not all that low, that I still cherish gifts, yet not as much as the other forms which the four loves can be communicated. Ben, what is your primary love language?