Thursday, May 12, 2005

Back in KL


Starbucks
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
Hi again. If you're reading this, thanks for remembering me, and my blog!

I'm back from NS for awhile, to register for and begin Form 6 come Tuesday. After that, I will return to camp for about a week to complete the Community Service module and end my stint on 28 May.

Haven't been doing much lately, resting mostly.

This morning, went to Times Square to get tickets for the Wednesday midnight screening of Star Wars Episode III. The queue was surprisingly short, which was a good thing. Then, popped by school before meeting Mum for lunch at KLCC, after which we picked up some fragrances from The Body Shop.

Yesterday, went to Mid Valley, where I watched Imagining Argentina; it reminds me very much of A Beautiful Mind, though with a somewhat more fractured execution. There also, I bought Mulan and The Return of the King, two movies that came to my mind again and again at camp.

I love these words from the Mulan song, 'Reflection':

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me
Why is my reflection
Someone I don't know
Must I pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?


Bought the Indonesian band Peterpan's album, Bintang di Surga from Tower Records today. There's this song called 'Mungkin Nanti,' which I've heard umpteen times over ERA.fm at NS. Great chorus:

Dan mungkin bila nanti
Kita kan bertemu lagi
Satu pintaku
Jangan kau coba
tanyakan kembali
Rasa yang ku tinggal mati
Seperti hari kemarin
Saat semua disini


Am looking forward to meeting Tee Ming tomorrow, and hopefully Soo Tian next week, when he comes down for Visa applications.

Good night.

7 comments:

jedibaba said...

Welcome back. I've missed you/your blog!

emyoon said...

hey! good to have you back, have missed the late night/early morning "disscussions"

you look very different with the new haircut.. hehe.. it's gonna need some getting used to, i honestly like the old one better.. *haha*

Anonymous said...

Harlooooo......Welcome back..... Did not even notice you were back....nice haircut man..... Looks good.....heheheheh....... Looking forward to chatting with you sometime about NS......Take care and enjoy the last phase of your NS.....God Bless

Yoong Family said...

great post. glad you survived NS. i'm trawling the web for christian blogs in malaysia these few days, came here via pastor sivin's page...

Anonymous said...

I thought the pic looked really nice. Looks like you added a mysterious edge to it by the pose. :) Enjoy F6! My sis is heading there too. Heh.

silentsoliloquy said...

Indeed a classy picture, Ben. :) You look really regal, though eheh... still not my type ;)

silentsoliloquy said...

Okay, that was the tongue-in-cheek comment. Here's the less amusing one. Both songs you chose spoke to me. I think I now understand a bit more about what some call "communion" between two souls (in a holistic sense, thank you... argh, couldn't resist the urge to crack a insider's pun).