Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Not about me...

During worship at The Father's House on Sunday, we sang this song called "It's All About You, Jesus." The first verse really meant something to me:

It's all about you, Jesus
And all this is for you
For your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if you should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to your ways.

The line, "as if you should do things my way," struck a chord somewhere in me, and I was reminded once again of who it is who truly calls the shots in this picture.

It was a humbling experience, albeit shortly-lived. But then most of them are, anyway. I suppose that's where discipline comes in; we don't always live in such a conducive environment.


Ed. (12 Feb): The title was actually "Jesus, Lover of My Soul"...

No comments: