Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Vapour


clouds, originally uploaded by mincaye.


(L-R, from top: d'NA 2004, Seminary Theoloji Malaysia, Seremban; near the Scripture Union office, PJ; highway, en route from Kuantan; aeroplane, en route to Tioman; sunset, Tioman; rain clouds, Tioman; after the haze, KL; highway, between PJ and KLCC)


In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me


-- Evanescence, 'Imaginary'


Will be meeting a good friend later today, within about two-and-a-half hours. We wrote this nearly 31 days ago, and I reproduce verbatim:

--------------------------------------
A rededication of our friendship
To allow the one from whom it came, his way with it
Not knowing what lies ahead
But knowing who lies ahead.

It's difficult, when we think about it
Or when our hearts are weighed by burdens unshared
How are we going to survive this?
Must we? Better dead within God's hands, than alive without.

We can only look to you, our Potter
You mould us into your image, though we are but moons
You gave us light that we might shine forth
And you never give up on us -- never.

We will seek You and trust You
For your faithfulness and love keep us
We will bring ourselves wholly before You
For it is only in you that we are who we are.

Help us be patient, Father
Comfort us in our weariest hours, and take us deeper
We seek to love You more in this friendship
Let your joy come with the morning.

You will guide us and guard us
For there is no other Name worthy
We commit our fears to You
And all our hopes and dreams as well.

This love will go on
And we draw from you, O Endless Love
You made this love possible
So to you, as from you and through you.

Amen.
--------------------------------------

Hasn't been easy, hasn't been too difficult either. Again, I am reminded of Bono's words in 'Walk On':

And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind.


The journey gets harder and harder, and choices are more painful than ever. Deciding between a path that will bring much joy, and another that is dark, but also along which I believe I must walk.

Between a path in which the things that bring me joy are the same things that really matter, and another in which the things that bring me joy stand in opposition to the things that really matter.

How much will I have to leave behind? How much will I have to sacrifice?


Happy Merdeka, Malaysia!


Soo Tian arrives home within ten hours.

1 comment:

silentsoliloquy said...

Mm.. every now and then I try to do without something that means a lot to me. My music "fast" (rather deletion of my entire .mp3 and video collection) did good for me. Btw, I love this picture: "highway, en route from Kuantan". All are great.. but that one is strikes me as being special.