Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Going Bananas


banana
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
I had some fun with the banana today; just ask Denise, Li-Shia and/or virtually anyone in my class and/or the Christian Union.


Some time ago, Joan sent me the MP3 of the Jars of Clay song, 'Worlds Apart.' She said it wasn't on any of their albums. Not too long ago, I discovered it on their double-CD compilation, Furthermore.

Indeed, it wasn't on any of the studio albums as it was a live recording. Beautiful song, and I intend to add the compilation to my collection soon, when I am able to amass the money to do so.

Here's an excerpt I really like:

I look beyond the empty cross
forgetting what my life has cost
and wipe away the crimson stains
and dull the nails that still remains
More and more I need you now,
I owe you more each passing hour
battle between grace and pride
give up not so long ago
So steal my heart and take the pain,
wash the feet and cleanse my pride
take the selfish, take the weak,
and all the things I cannot hide
take the beauty, take my tears
this sin-soaked heart and make it yours
take my world apart...



This classic song by Bread came to my mind in the afternoon, while I was walking in Leisure Mall.

(For Tian and Ming, whose hearts I long to beat with).

If

If a picture paints a thousand words
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show
The you I've come to know.

If a face could launch a thousand ships
Then where am I to go?
There's no one home but you
You're all that's left me to.

And when my love for life is running dry,
You come and pour yourself on me.

If a man could be two places at one time
I'd be with you.
Tomorrow and today
Beside you all the way.

If the world should stop revolving
Spinning slowly down to die.
I'd spend the end with you
And when the world was through,

Then one by one, the stars would all go out.
Then you and I would simply fly away.

3 comments:

Shih Ying GUN (Jane) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shih Ying GUN (Jane) said...

hi... interestin blog... linkin urs 2 mine: janegun.blogspot.com ...

silentsoliloquy said...

*grasps hand and holds tightly*