Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tag, you're it!


phak hoe, originally uploaded by mincaye.

Since I slept at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday, and only woke up at 1:30 a.m. just now, I doubt I'll be able to sleep again after this. Am presently sending some photographs to Phak Hoe, some of which I've compiled above.

(The other day, a few of us took a few shots of Phak Hoe sleeping in class, and decided to churn a death-and-resurrection story out of it.)

Top left: Kah Loong and Jino performing the funeral

Bottom: Phak Hoe the deceased

Top right: The light of heaven descends upon the dead... life draws near!


Well, I've been tagged by Li-Shia, so here goes!

10 years ago

I was defeated for the first time in a term exam; Wei Jian beat me to the first place in class.

Also, I got to know Miss Teo Kim Wee, who was then my English and class teacher. She was the first of many teachers who made me the writer and speaker I am today.

5 years ago

I defeated the form in the term exam, though I daresay Alan always deserved that place (something he never got) for he was the most consistent of us all.

Got involved in the VI Christian Union, though it was unofficial; Edmund (Siew) and I were about the only first formers there then. This was the community that would shape my life most in the years ahead.

1 year ago

Tied at first place for the first time in my life; Jasvind and I scored the same amount of marks for our mid-year exam.

Led the Christian Union, and ended up realising that Vice Presidents can often be the real backbone. Sui-Jon was mine in the Seladang Editorial Board, and Darren in the CU; I was Ren Chung's in the Literary and Debating Society (VILADS).

Won the Debate Tournament at state level, with Danial, Dinesh, Kishan and Zer Ken. I remain very close to these guys, with the exception of Zer Ken (probably because he's a form younger than us); they are my closest friends after the d'NA, CU and some of my Standard 6 classmates.

Yesterday

I was officially installed as the new Editor-in-Chief of the Victorian Editorial Board during the Annual General Meeting.

Unfortunately, I inadvertently left my camera behind in the Lecture Theatre where we had the meeting.

5 snacks I enjoy

Gummies, nyonya kuih/desserts, cereals/muesli, Baskin Robbins ice-cream, Mars bars (there may be more, but these are some of them)

5 songs I know all the words to

Amazing Grace, Sanctuary Matt Redman's Blessed be Your Name, Bob Geldof's Do They Know It's Christmas, U2's 40.

I know large chunks of a number of U2 and Steven Curtis Chapman songs, and I think I know all the lyrics to Chapman's I Will be Here, but I can't recall the correct order of lines.

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars

Buy books/music CDs/concert tickets, go out for lunches and dinners with friends, journey around the world, support charity, publish a book.

5 places I would run away to

A friend's side, Seminari Theoloji Malaysia, a hillside, the sea, an empty field.

5 things I would never wear

Thongs, tube tops, skirts, high heels, rings in weird parts of the body.

5 favourite TV shows

Cheers, Friends, Kopitiam... I can't think of another; am not a TV person. Maybe the Transformers series.

Incidentally, I also love their theme songs, i.e. Where Everybody Knows Your Name, I'll be There for You, Empty Decorations.

5 bad habits

Impatience, procrastination, antisocial reclusiveness, stubbornness, self-absorption.

5 biggest joys

Taking photos, being with friends, writing, listening to good music, reading a good book.

I'll add one more: losing myself in nature.

5 favourite toys

Camera, discman... transformers, action figures, McDonald's Happy Meal toys. ;-)

5 fictional characters I would date

Maria (the prostitute in Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes), Irene Adler (the woman in the Sherlock Holmes story, A Scandal in Bohemia), Juliet... unfortunately, I don't read much fiction.

As for non-fiction... *ahem* adalah.

5 people I tag to do this

Denise
Soo Tian
Joan
Yen Yen
Su Lin


OK, I have to go now. It's 4:50 a.m. and Mum's called me up to sleep. Says staying up might upset my internal clock.

Was actually intending to attempt some Maths work before getting ready for school, though...

No comments: