Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Baskin Robbins revisited


Baskin Robbins
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
I think it was due, in no small measure, to the trip down memory lane sparked by Robin Williams' Golden Globe, that led me further down that road yesterday.

Baskin Robbins has always been my ice cream. The number 31 in the name "Baskin '31' Robbins", corresponds to my birthdate, and when I was younger, my parents always brought me there for ice-cream. I even used to have a collection of their pink spoons!

This time around, I had Pieces of Cake (flavour of the month) and Berry Merry Gingerbread, while my brother had Chocolate Chip.

Pieces of Cake is cake flavoured with shortbread pieces, confetti candy (like hundreds and thousands) and chocolate swirls, while the latter is gingerbread flavoured with gingerbread cookies and blueberry swirls.

Each spoonful tells a story, and by the time I was halfway through, all frozen dairy confectionery sold in the supermarket couldn't even qualify as 'ice cream', as far as I was concerned.

And yes, they still have 31 flavours, plus the 32nd Flavour of the Month.

No comments: