Saturday, January 15, 2005

Feeling Shitty

I awoke this morning feeling very bad about something that happened several hours before dawn. For some reason, I feel U2's words best express my feelings and thoughts, so the following is heavily laden with references to U2 lyrics.

Like this place called Vertigo, it was literally everything I wish I didn't know, and there was little that I could really feel. Time should not have taken the boy out of me, but I've fallen into this trap where sometimes I just want to grow up and shake the dream away.

I'm a dead man who still sleeps. I'm alone in this world, and a fucked up world it is too. So hard to see beyond what seems, to what is.

But God, tell me the story of eternity, the way it's supposed to be... The sun still comes up on the ocean, and God, I need your help tonight.

It's my fault, that I'm stuck in a moment I can't get out of. I need your grace, to make some beauty out of ugly me. Try as I may, I can't live with or without you, and I really want to sing a new song. Teach me to wait patiently.

When I stumble, sometimes I wish I could go wherever the streets have no name, somewhere I can see things clearly, and begin again.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for, but I won't stop till I have.

To hell with empty words and hollow dreams; this is real life. In this dance of pain and pleasure, seeking purpose is close to a joke.

But yeah, in a fucked up world, maybe it's the only thing worth doing after all.

How long to sing this song? Lift me out of the miry clay, God, lift me.

2 comments:

Sivin Kit said...

Yahweh ...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes u cant make it on yer own