Monday, January 24, 2005

Friends


Friends
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
Michael W. Smith wrote, "A lifetime's not too long, to live as friends."

These are some of my friends from Standard 6, whose friendship I treasure above many, many things.

We met up on Saturday as one of them, Pei Yi, was back from NS for Hari Raya Haji holidays. As you can see, Baskin Robbins is a perennial classic.

That night, I watched the play Class of '84 with Kishan. The story was about a group of seven college friends getting together after 20+ years on occasion of the eighth's death.

They learnt many things about each other, and it was a nostalgic and retrospective look at how their lives progressed, how some dreams were achieved while others were buried.

As I think about it, I wonder, where will all my friends be 20 years hence? Would we be soaring on the wings of our dreams, or plunged into mediocrity?

Time will tell, and until the day dust returns to dust, I will remember Michael W. Smith's words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, friend mediocracy is one of the most deadliest thing for ys at any one time.So lets all be mediocratic and scream YEMENY

Anonymous said...

http://www.recom.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1710#36670