Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Pierced


pierced ear
Originally uploaded by mincaye.
I used to tell myself that I would never get my ear/ears pierced; that was quite some time ago.

There is something about knowing you've done something that cannot be reversed, a sense of the frozen past becoming more obvious.

Is it masochistic? Some think so, but then again, the pain subsides after awhile. Then again, some say it turns your body into some sort of Christmas tree, with the ring as the decoration.

But I don't think anything really changes; it's mostly for fun. Not that one's personality suddenly takes an about-turn.

Oh well, it still requires care and attention for the first few weeks, so as not to invite infection ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Su Lin : !! you pierced?! hahaha! :D wonderful! did it hurt?
of course i'll be continuing piano!
i know the only reason you posted in my blog was to flaunt the fact that you're on holiday and i'm not >P gosh. you're OLD now! :D

Hwei Ling said...

Ahh! You did it! :) Nice. I have to wait till after DTS before I can stick anymore needles through myself. =/ It's kinda addictive, really.

michelle said...

yeah!! another one pierces!!..:P i'll send you a stud in celebration