Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Only Natural

I read Romans 1:1-15 this morning, from The Message:

... A new power is in operation... if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him... even though you still experience all the limitations of sin -- you yourself experience life on God's terms... God's Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! The resurrection life... [is] adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childliike "What's next, Papa?"

Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Only Natural" played in my mind since the moment I woke up, and the bridge has always gripped me;

I know that on my own I'm only human naturally
But I've got the Spirit of the living God alive in me
Giving me power so I don't have to be...

Only natural, only natural


This has been the defining struggle of my recent years.

No comments: